Sensory Education Training (SET) Virtual Calibration (VC) is a global calibration course led by Cup of Excellence (CoE) Head Judge Scott Conary. Students around the globe will cup and score coffee sourced from award winning CoE farmers.
This unique educational experience will allow students to learn & practice cupping standards, & calibrate their cupping scores with the global community of coffee professionals.
May 7th – Introduction Session
May 17th – Coffee Scores Due to Head Judge
May 21st – Head Judge Results Report Emailed to Students.
May 22nd – Presentation of Results/Report
Detailed info & registration can be found Here
Before the event :
SET VC students will receive a box containing roasted samples for three cuppings, sample placement, instructions, CoE score sheets, an official CoE cupping spoon, and other goodies from our sponsors. The Program will kick off with a special presentation where Scott will instruct students how to cup and score using the CoE score sheet, and explain exactly what makes CoE award-winning coffees so special.
Students will have 10 days to cup & score the coffees, and then return their filled-out score sheets to the course coordinators.
During the cupping days students will be able to sign into special video sessions led by CoE staff and Scott to have any questions answered. as well as a WhatsApp group to ask questions and meet fellow participants.
After the cupping, students will receive a special report compiled by Scott that is based on the same format CoE uses to select cuppers for their National Juries around the world. This report will provide insight into students’ cupping skill and as well as the coffees that were evaluated. On the final day, Scott will give a presentation explaining the data and take questions about the coffees and the cupping data.
- Learn how to cup and score coffee using the CoE score sheet
- Cup and score award winning and unique coffee
- Compare their cupping scores to the global coffee community
- Gain understanding into what exactly high scoring specialty coffee is
- Gain insight into their own cupper confidence and accuracy
- 2 instructional webinars
- Office hour access
- Coffee kit (see below)
- Access to class WhatsApp group
- Certificate upon completion of class
- Roasted coffee for 3 cuppings, 24 coffee samples total
- Brewer from Origami
- CoE Quality Coffee Pocket Guide
- Brewler from Kruve
- Limited edition Cup of Excellence engraved W.Wright cupping spoon
- Cup of Excellence cupping form
- Free shipping